Problem

Get Help, Tips & Tutorials on Gaming

Problem

Postby PrInCe » Tue Aug 28, 2012 6:14 pm

Hello,
Well so, i did something wrong by deleting all my ET folder, unstalled and reinstalled ET, because i wanted play in a friend server with the patch 2.55. So now, i lost somes folders, and i cant connect on server, so i have recorded for you what i have when i try to connect on ND.

SHOW |
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M040MVPNdJA[/youtube]

Need help, please.
Regards,
Attachments
Wolfenstein - Enemy Territory_2012-08-28_18-12-50.png
Wolfenstein - Enemy Territory_2012-08-28_18-12-50.png (37.66 KiB) Viewed 2148 times
etmain_2012-08-28_18-13-34.png
etmain_2012-08-28_18-13-34.png (66.92 KiB) Viewed 2148 times

If you have any problems, feel free to contact me by PM, we will try to find a solution.
PrInCe
Suspended

Home-Game: Wolfenstein Enemy Territory
Wolfenstein ET Name: #ET|PrInCe|
Steam Name: PrInCe
Clan Wars: 4

Re: Problem

Postby MaTT » Tue Aug 28, 2012 7:01 pm

First of all, I looked at the video, and this has happened a couple times to me before, I connect to the server, it just goes back to main menu with the server mod loaded, and whenever you press any button on your keyboard or click anywhere, the menu just re-loads itself over and over again. I don't know why this happens, probably a rare bug in ET, but if you open the console and just type /quit then restart the game, it should work.

In your folder, all the mods have gone (jaymod, nq, tjmod...), and if you are using Windows 7, then I have heard of problems in the past of mods not being downloaded properly from the servers, so before you connect to a server, you need to create the folders in your ET folder, called "jaymod" "nq" "tjmod" etc... each one empty, and the mod files should be downloaded from the servers properly then. (I think there is the same problem with Windows Vista)

And about switching to 2.55, there is a 'program' which you can use to switch between ET versions easily, you can download it here. All you need to do is make sure your ET install is already 2.60b, then put all files into the ET install folder, and all the files in the 'etmain' folder into etmain in your ET install folder.
Then click on '100.bat' to make ET version 2.55, and '2.60b.bat' to make ET version 2.60b again.

I used it recently and found it didn't work well on windows 7, so I made a few versions which will work with Windows 7/vista (depending on your ET install path), so if you tell me the exact path that ET is installed on your computer (for example: C:/Program Files (x86)/Wolfenstein - Enemy Territory), I can send you it!
Image Image Image Image Image Image
The Most Astounding Fact || Window on the Universe
#ETernal Clan Founder - Contact me
Since 13/4/2011 (7 Years)
MaTT

Favourite Weapon: Giulietta
Wolfenstein ET Name: #ET|TitaN*|
Steam Name: Mattipoika
Clan Wars: 0

Re: Problem

Postby PrInCe » Tue Aug 28, 2012 7:20 pm

Oh, thank you, it's working.
I will install the patch 2.60b, and after that, i will try to use your "program" for switch between ET versions.

If you have any problems, feel free to contact me by PM, we will try to find a solution.
PrInCe
Suspended

Wolfenstein ET Name: #ET|PrInCe|
Steam Name: PrInCe
Clan Wars: 4

Return to Gaming Help

• Advertisement