New goal donation !

New goal donation !

Postby FuRious » Fri Sep 18, 2015 7:11 pm

Hello, :)

Since the goal has been reached recently (thank you to all donators), we decided to recalculate the next goal for the coming year. :P

After many research, we finally found a nice affordable host for our servers but also for another one for the forum.
We achieved a lot of savings by comparing prices of the first hosts used by the clan. :cool:
To keep the clan alive, we decided to put the target to €200/year ($227/£146). In this case with the current host and if we reach this goal, the clan will be able to pay all invoices without problems.
Of course, this is not limited, but just a goal because if the clan get more donation then we can surely upgrade or buy better servers less laggy and better security and why not for some other games in the future. :P

To finish, i'll just quote what MaTT explained :

MaTT wrote:Hello ETernal Clan!
In this topic I just want to talk to you about just where the money that the kind people in the clan donate to us goes.

Now, i'm going to go straight off saying ETernal Clan really does not have a lot of money or any sustainable way of legally gaining money. You may look at the donations bar and think "omg ETernal Clan has so much money", but the donations bar shows the amount of donations totalled up since the last 2 years or so, and these donations we spend monthly. We have advertisements on the forum, but that generates very little money for us; usually about £0.10 (€0.12/$0.17) a day. The servers and forum hosts must be as cheap as possible for us to sustain them. As you know, when something is cheap it is not always good quality.

The Servers and forum hare hosted on VPSs (Virtual Private Servers),now, these VPSs are the cheapest we have been able to find and as you well know as something gets cheaper, the quality goes down which makes it near impossible for the Leading-Team to keep things going as normal without experiencing at least some issues with the servers such as server crashes, downtimes or occasional lag in-game. However, we try to manage these issues to give you the best time here possible, squeezing as much quality out of the servers as we have. Now I think you see why it is difficult adding new servers and why there is the rare downtime of the server.

So... Where does your donations go?
First of all, you need to understand that NONE I repeat NONE of the donations we receive are spent for any personal gain of any of the Leading-Team Members or Founder and NO profits are made whatsoever. ALL of the donations we get go into our Paypal account which is then used whenever a bill appears for a VPS. Unfortunately, our Paypal account is regularly empty because we do not get any donations at the moment so people in the Leading-Team have to pay for the bills we get out of our own pockets.

Of course this cannot go on forever and there may be a point like there was last year that bills will not be able to be paid. For those of you who weren't here last year, the Leading-Team did not have any donation money to pay for the Wolfenstein ET server bills and so it went offline for about a week. I had to dip into my emergency bank account which took a week to process and finally paid for the bills, unfortunately we lost a couple members and a lot of active visitors. Anyway, the point is that if a clan does not pay for it's bills, their servers and forum goes offline and they cannot pay these bills, the clan dies.

We welcome all donations and it really does help us TO NO END to pay all of the bills and keep all the servers and forums up for you great people to enjoy. If we receive enough donations, we may be able to upgrade our VPSs and bring you more quality, less lag and all that good stuff!

With regards,
MaTT

So now, Let's go for a new year of donation with this new goal and by advance, thank you to all donators. :cool:

FuRious

Home-Game: Wolfenstein Enemy Territory
Favourite Weapon: My Knife
Wolfenstein ET Name: #ET|FuRi@u$|
Steam Name: etfurious1
Clan Wars: 0

Re: New goal donation !

Postby MaTT » Fri Sep 18, 2015 7:46 pm

It's amazing to see how much the VPSs have progressed since I made that post. The servers used to have a lot of issues and crashed fairly often. After a lot of work on optimizing the servers, automating processes and generally improving the security and quality of the servers, we've significantly improved the experience people have playing on our servers.

Many thanks to all of those who donate to the clan! There has been so many over the years which have helped to keep the clan alive from their own generosity. I think that donators should be proud of the clan, it's something they have helped to create, keep alive and develop to what it used to be and what it is now... among the top 5 clans in Enemy Territory.

Good luck with reaching €200 goal for the year, and i'll back this clan all the way to the end.

With regards,
MaTT
Image Image Image Image Image Image
The Most Astounding Fact || Window on the Universe
#ETernal Clan Founder - Contact me
Since 13/4/2011 (7 Years)
MaTT

Favourite Weapon: Giulietta
Wolfenstein ET Name: #ET|TitaN*|
Steam Name: Mattipoika

Postby FuRious » Thu Mar 24, 2016 9:57 pm

Hello, :)

Recently, the previous goal has been reached (once again, thank you to every donators). :up:
For this reason the new goal for the coming year has been recalculated.
After the many issues we encountered with the old server, we recently decided to change the host to achieve what is the best : a dedicated server.
To explain a little to those of you who don't know what is it, everything is explained here.
Also, because the clan is completely non-profit, it doesn't use any of the donations from you for any other purpose than to sustain the game servers and forum, it's why the new goal includes the new server (more expensive),
the forum host and the domain (etclan.net) with the deduction of the current net positive balance of the clan (€60).

For those reasons, the new objective running till April 2017 will be €270 (estimated budget for the coming year) - €60 (current balance)= €210. :P

Good luck for this coming goal and thank you in advance to every donators. :)

With best regards. :rose:

FuRious

Favourite Weapon: My Knife
Wolfenstein ET Name: #ET|FuRi@u$|
Steam Name: etfurious1

Postby Straw » Fri Mar 25, 2016 10:44 am

I feel that it's going to be a great year :)
Straw

Favourite Weapon: Multiband Compressor
Wolfenstein ET Name: #ET|Straw|
Steam Name: Mansikka
Clan Wars: 1

Postby Outblast » Fri Mar 25, 2016 11:24 am

will be happy to chip in a few euro in the coming months
Outblast

Favourite Weapon: Firing for effect!